Best Backpacking Sleeping Bag Under 100 Comparison Table
Outdoor Activities/3 Season
Hyke & Byke
Cool weather conditios
Coleman North Rim
TETON Sports Mammoth
The Top 10 Products Reviews
2. Coleman Brazos Cool Weather Sleeping Bag
If you don’t want to buy the Abcosport bag for any reason whatsoever, this is a good alternative for the above sleeping bag. It has good temperature ratings. Even if the temperatures fall to 30°F, you will still be warm and comfortable in it. All this is possible due to the polyester cover and tricot fiber blend liner. To keep you enclosed inside and insulated is a patented zipper system with a unique design that will blow fabric away preventing snags.
The embroidery on the fiber is outstanding which renders this sleeping a durable and warm sleeping bag. When the nap time is over, you can easily roll it for packing using a patented roll control system which keeps the bag in a good position for rolling and packing. This bag can accommodate persons of up to 5ft. 11 in. and it is entirely machine washable.
- Stays warm up to temperatures 30° F. It suits temperatures of between 20°F to 40°F.
- It has polyester cover and tricot fiber blend liner making it suitable for cold weather.
- The specially designed zipper blows away fabric preventing snags.
- The highly stitched fiber locks prevent insulation shift and prolong the durability of this sleeping bag.
- Comes with roll control system that will keep the bag in place when rolling for packing.
- Has also a quick no-tie cord packing system which eases storage.
- The zipper is prone to breaking, and the interior foam is thin and can sometimes itch the skin.
3. Coleman Palmetto Cool Weather Sleeping Bag
This budget-friendly sleeping bag is a three season sleeping bag.You can use it during summer, winter and even spring without any problems. It is fit for moderately cold conditions. It will stay warm even at temperatures as low as 40°F. This will make sure that you don’t have to worry about getting cold while away from home. This sleeping will assure you of some good amount of warmth.
Just like the Coleman Brazos cool weather sleeping bag, it has a polished polyester cover as well as a tricot fiber blend liner. It also comes with a zipper system that blows away fiber preventing snags. Nobody likes snagging sleeping bags because they can let you down in the middle of nowhere when you might need them the most.
The fiberlock construction is strong which makes this sleeping bag comfortable and durable. When done using it, you will use the roll control system with a loop fastener for a perfect fold. This will make sure that you can easily carry it as you move from one place to another.
For a faster fastening and storage, you will use a quick cord system. This sleeping bag is tall and wide enough to fit persons of up to 6ft and 4 in. You shouldn’t be worried about how tall you are when using this sleeping bag because is tall and wide enough.
If you are wondering how you will be cleaning your sleeping bag, worry not anymore as this sleeping bag is machine washable. This sleeping bag has a thermo lock system along the zipper that will make sure that there is no heat loss during the cold weather.
- It is a three season sleeping bag.
- It is constructed with cole therm insulation that will maintain temperatures even with 30°F outside temperatures.
- The thermo lock system along the zipper will also prevent heat loss during cold weather.
- It is machine washable.
- Measures 33’’ by 75’’ in width and length hence it is roomy enough to fit a person of up to 5ft 11in. tall.
- The roll control design makes folding easy and quick.
- The cover material clings to twigs, hair, and grass. It is also bulky and slippery.
4. Hyke & Byke Quandary 15 Degrees sleeping bag
When it comes to the balance between qualities and weight, this sleeping bag wins. And because of its amazing features, it is a little bit expensive. It is constructed using a light, compressible and high quality down the fabric.
The fabric is waterproof and has great insulation capabilities that are as a result of microscopic air clusters that are found it down feathers. These microscopic air clusters “loft” trap heat, therefore, rendering the sleeping bag cozy. This sleeping bag will make you feel like you are sleeping in your normal bed at home even though in reality, you will be very far away from home.
This sleeping bag will keep you warm at a temperature range of 20 to 40 degrees. It also weighs around 3 pounds making it portable and suitable for hiking. You surely don’t want to be carrying a heavy sleeping whose weight will exhaust you as you hike in the wilderness.
At the top cover is a 400T nylon fabric that is waterproof and durable. Along with these are YKK zippers, wide Velcro, horizontal baffles, drawstring and a compressible stuff suck. It is 78’’ long, 28 wide at shoulders, 22’’ at the hips and 11’’ at the toes. What’s more, this sleeping bag can accommodate one person and a pillow or an extra fleece blanket.
This will make sure that you have the same feeling as that of sleeping on your bed at home. It is also worth noting that this sleeping bag is prone to breaking and should be handled with a lot of care. The only issue to be worried about when using this product is its zipper which is normally prone to breaking.
- Has a good weight to quality ratio. It is light and at the same time warm.
- It is made with duck down which have excellent insulation capabilities and are waterproof.
- It best suits conditions of temperatures of 20 to 40 degrees.
- It is light in weight; it weighs around 3 pounds.
- It is accommodative, can accommodate one person and extra fleece blanket, pillow or a pad without discomfort.
- Made with 400T 20D nylon fabric which is long lasting and durable.
- The zipper is prone to breaking. It can break when you least expected it to break hence interfering with the efficiency of the sleeping bag
6. Double Sleeping Bag for Backpacking, camping or Hiking
This double sleeping bag perfectly sleeps two adults, is light and good for camping and hiking. It is sturdy, warm and comfortable. It is also good for cold climate conditions of 32°F and below. The material used to make it is strong and will not tear easily.
This is one of the best backpacking sleeping bag under $100. It has more room and comes with two pillows. The interior is soft, warm and prevents the loss of warm air.
It comes with a large queen sleeping bag or as two individual sleeping bags. It will all depend on your choice. The fact that it is made with 210T nylon fabric makes the outer shell tough and durable. It is also waterproof making it suitable for freezing conditions or rainy conditions.
The interior is made with a combination of tetron and cotton which offers an excellent comfort and coziness. Did you know that this is one of the best sleeping bags that can comfortably accommodate two adult people?
- It is large enough to fit two adults.
- It comes with two pillows.
- The outer shell is made of 210T nylon fabric which is tough and durable. And also waterproof.
- The interior is made with a combination of tetron and cotton which are good for heat insulation.
- This sleeping bag will be good for temperatures as low as 32°F.
- It has a thin lining, and it is short. This means that it can feel very cold and cannot be used by taller people.
8. Coleman Trinidad Warm-weather sleeping bag
As suggested by the name, this sleeping bag will be suitable for warm weather conditions. It will serve for temperatures as low as 40°F. It has a patented zipper system for blowing away snags from the fabric hence preventing you from snagging it. It is also designed with a thermo lock system that will lock heat inside the sleeping bag keeping you warm.
When done using this sleeping bag, it will be faster to pack up. The roll control system with fasteners will allow you to roll it as quick as possible and keep your trail. This sleeping bag is made using a durable material which is warm and comfortable.
The top cover is made of a brushed polyester cover and tricot lining that offers excellent warmth and comfort. It is also machine washable. This will make sure that even if you fear washing the sleeping bag, you can still keep it clean. The only drawback associated with using this best sleeping bag is that its cover material is less thick and cannot effectively offer insulation at 40°F.
- It serves best in warm weathers of at least 40°F.
- Has a patented zipper which blows away the fabric preventing damage.
- The polyester material is durable, warm and comfortable.
- It offers a quick packaging and storage.
- It is machine washable.
- Fits persons of up to 5ft. 11in.
- The cover material is not thick enough to offer heat insulation at 40°F. This might lead to so much discomfort while sleeping.
9. Ohuhu Double Sleeping bag with 2 pillows and a carrying bag, for camping, backpacking, and hiking
This sleeping bag will suit a couple with a young kid. It can be used in camping tents and cabins in temperate conditions. The temperature ratings are as follows; for comfortable temperatures, it can support 32°F to 50°F while the limit temperature range is -5°C/23F.
It has unique double zipper pullers design that make it more ergonomic. The zippers are located on the left and the right side allowing you and your partner to slide from the right or left. The zippers will also allow the sleeping bag to be separated into two separate sleeping bags. It comes with two small pillows for extra comfort and one carrying bag.
What’s more, this sleeping bag is lightweight and portable as other great sleeping bags. This makes it easy to carry this sleeping bag anywhere you might want to go camping. It also comes with two free pillows and a stuff sack for carrying it. This best sleeping bag is also a 2 in 1 sleeping bag in that it can work as a double or a single sleeping bag.
- It is a 2 in 1 sleeping bag; it can combine into a double bag or can be separated into a single bag.
- Comes with 2 pillows and stuff sack.
- Withstands temperatures of up to 23°F. You can stay warm and comfortable at range temperatures of 32°F to 50°F.
- It is lightweight and portable.
- It can come with a strange moldy smell, and the fabric is thin to offer enough warmth. This might interfere with the comfort of the person using it.
10. TETON Sports Mammoth Double Sleeping Bag
This sleeping bag is very large; it is one of the best double sleeping bags money one can ever buy. Its excellent functionality is derived from a combination of the important parts and features of this sleeping bag. These parts include the zipper draw tube, the drawstrings at the shoulder and the head and the double-layer construction. All these parts work together to give a warm interior atmosphere.
It gives room for ventilation as well when the inside gets heated up. It has zippers on the sides or the bottom side where you can open up for more ventilation. The quilt mammoth structure and zips will give more ventilation and also enable you to merge it with other sleeping bags together.
It will also come with a free compression sack where you can stuff the sleeping bag into after you are done and for transportation. This sleeping bag is ideal for couples and can, therefore, fit two people. The sleeping bag is bulky though and can easily tear apart and should, therefore, be handled with a lot of care.
- Will fit couples, it measures 94 by 62 inches.
- It is light and portable, has a pack weight of 6.35 kg.
- The brushed flannel liner feels like a bed sheet.
- Zippers and shoulder draw tubes are great for insulation and keeping the cold air out.
- Unzips on both sides for extra ventilation.
- Has a low-temperature survival rating.
- The zipper is prone to breakage and it is also bulky, this interferes with its efficiency.